Any dentistry work that improves the appearance and functionality of your oral cavity is cosmetic dentistry. In Riverside, California, you can choose a cosmetic dentist to enhance the aesthetics of your smile, teeth, and gums while also improving their functioning.
Dental Aesthetic Procedures
Dental procedures enhance the beauty of your oral cavity, giving you a perfect dental smile. Aesthetic dental procedures in Riverside, CA, include:
Color Improvement/ Teeth Whitening
You can enhance your teeth’s whiteness or rectify discolored teeth without losing their integrity with a cosmetic dental procedure.
Most DIY teeth color improvement techniques can weaken teeth or harm your gums, tongue, or other dental tissues. A professional dental surgeon has the tools and safe chemicals to brighten your teeth.
Color enhancement does not have to be about whitening the teeth alone. You can visit a cosmetic surgeon in Riverside, CA, for gold, platinum, or silver teeth. Get whatever tooth color that tickles your fancy at the cosmetic dentist’s office.
Because teeth whitening treatments only correct your natural enamel, you will have to consider other dental treatments to brighten caps, veneers, or bridges.
Teeth Repositioning and Alignment
Dental symmetry is considered aesthetically pleasing. A cosmetic dentist can correct or reposition skewed, misaligned, or protruding teeth and gums to give you a perfectly symmetrical smile. This can be done with clear aligners (such as Invisalign®) or with cosmetic options like porcelain veneers or dental bonding.
Shape and Size Correction
Cosmetic dentists can resize and reshape your teeth to even out your oral structure. Dentists use braces, veneers, or bonding to correct broken or misshapen teeth. Bridges, implants, and dentures can be chosen to replace missing or removed teeth.
Dentists can also resize excessive gums or elongate your short teeth to maintain a perfect balance.
Scaling and Polish
Get your teeth cleaned by a professional oral hygienist to remove tartar and plaque for a perfect dental smile.
Dental Functionality Procedures
Cosmetic dental work is not primarily for aesthetics alone. The corrective procedures also improve oral functions. A Riverside cosmetic dentist can install:
- Dental Bridges – Prosthetic crowns that fill one or more gaps, restoring a person’s ability to chew or speak.
- Dental Crowns – Caps placed on damaged or sensitive teeth to protect against other harsh oral conditions. They also cover discolored or misshapen teeth and restore function for teeth implants.
- Teeth Fillings – Protection covering teeth holes caused by decay.
- Root Canal Treatment – Addresses infections in the tooth’s nerve before they spread to the rest of the oral cavity. The dentist treats the root, fills it, and seals the tooth with a filling or crown.
- Dentures – Fixed or removable dental prosthetics that replace missing teeth. They help improve chewing, talking, and biting.
- Braces – Improve the teeth’ structure (straightness), enhancing their appearance and function.
- Tooth Implants – Permanent solution for replacing lost teeth
What Is the Cost of Dental Work in Riverside, CA?
Costs of dental work in Riverside, California, vary due to several reasons. The type of procedures performed influences costs. A dental implant is more expensive than a crown placement. Additionally, the type of crown installed can create price variations in crown installation procedures.
Furthermore, the level of work performed for every patient is different. One patient may require teeth shaping before a procedure, while another may not need it. Similarly, a patient may have a root canal infection and still need an implant. Call your dentist for an examination and a quote following their findings.
Some dental procedures are covered or reduced with dental insurance.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Safe?
Cosmetic dental procedures are safe when provided by a qualified dentist. There are three types of cosmetic dentists.
- Prosthodontists specialize in treating procedures requiring dental prosthetics like implants, crowns, and dental bridges.
- Orthodontists address teeth and jaw alignment issues.
- Periodontists are dental surgeons with the skills and authorization to perform gum and bone surgeries.
What Does Cosmetic Dentistry Mean?
Cosmetic dentistry means any work that improves the aesthetics. Although the procedures also improve function, the focus is usually on the appearance of the oral cavity. A cosmetic dentist provides work that is cosmetic in nature, not necessarily medical.
What Are the Different Types of Gum Surgery?
- Gingivectomy – is a gum reduction surgery that corrects a gummy smile
- Crown lengthening – entails cutting excess gums and bone to increase the length of the crown
- Osseous surgery – a procedure that removes gum pockets infested with bacteria